The sentences1 excluded from rehabilitation2 are:
(1) a sentence of imprisonment for life3;
(2) a sentence of imprisonment, youth custody, detention in a young offender institution or corrective training for a term exceeding 48 months4;
(3) a sentence of preventive detention5;
(4) a sentence of detention6 during Her Majesty's pleasure7;
(5) a sentence of detention8 for a term exceeding 48 months passed on young offenders convicted of grave crimes
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234