The offences an existing conviction for which may trigger an automatic life sentence1 or an extended sentence of imprisonment2 are:
(3) soliciting murder5;
(4) wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm6;
(5) causing bodily injury by explosives7;
(6) using explosives etc with intent to do grievous bodily harm8;
(7) causing an explosion likely to endanger life or property9;
(8) attempting to cause an explosion, or making or keeping explosive with intent to endanger life or property10;
(9) making or possession of explosive under suspicious circumstances11;
(10) possession of a firearm with intent to endanger
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234