406. Interim violent offender orders.

Where an application for a violent offender order1 (the 'main application') has not yet been determined an application2 for an interim violent offender order may be made by the complaint by which the main application is made3 or, if the main application has already been made to a court, by means of a further complaint made to that court by the person making the main application4, and the court may make the interim order if it appears to it:


    (1)     that the person to whom the main application relates is a qualifying offender5;


    (2)     that, if the court were