405. Applications for, and making of, violent offender orders.

Violent offender orders1 may only be made on application by complaint to a magistrates' court2 by a chief officer of police3 where it appears to that officer that the person is a qualifying offender4 who has, since the appropriate date5, acted in such a way as to give reasonable cause to believe that it is necessary for a violent offender order to be made in respect of him6. The Secretary of State may by order make provision for applications for violent offender orders7 to be made by such additional persons or bodies as are specified or described in the