The purposes of an investigation into a death which may amount to an Article 2 violation1 are to ensure2:
(1) that the full facts are bought to light, so far as possible;
(2) that culpable and discreditable conduct is exposed and brought to public notice;
(3) that suspicion of deliberate wrong doing (if unjustified) is allayed;
(4) that dangerous practices and procedures are rectified; and
(5) that family members may have the satisfaction of knowing that lessons learned from the person's death may save the lives of others.
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234