Broadly speaking and subject always to the detailed provisions of the relevant legislation:
(1) there is no liability to income tax on income derived by a scheme from its investments or deposits or underwriting commissions1;
(2) there are exemptions from capital gains tax for gains on scheme investments2;
(3) active members are entitled to tax relief on scheme contributions subject to certain limits3;
(4) employers are entitled to tax relief on their contributions4;
(5) inheritance tax exemptions are available in respect
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234