685. Creation under housing legislation and local Acts of Parliament.

Where a repair notice or an improvement notice had been served before 1 April 1990 on the person having control of a dwelling, and he had carried out the works required to be carried out under the notice, he could apply to the local housing authority for a charging order charging the property with an annuity1 to repay the expenses of the works and the costs of obtaining the order2. Although this is described by the legislation as an annuity, as it is charged exclusively on land, the annual sum so charged appears to be in reality in the