626. Striking out a statement of case and summary judgment.

A party may apply to the comptroller1 for him to strike out a statement of case2 or to give summary judgment3.

The comptroller may strike out the statement of case if it appears to him that: (1) the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim; (2) the statement of case is an abuse of process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or (3) there has been a failure to comply with a statutory provision