An application for a European patent (UK) having a date of filing under the European Patent Convention1 is treated as an application for a patent under the Patents Act 1977, having that date as its date of filing, for the following purposes2:
(1) co-pending applications which may comprise part of the state of the art for the purposes of novelty3;
(2) establishing priority4;
(3) inventors' certificates5;
(4) transactions in applications for patents6;
(6) co-ownership of applications8;
(7) Crown use9;
(8) unjustified threats of infringement proceedings10;
(9) infringement of rights conferred by publication11;
(10) putting validity in issue12;
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234