702. Retirement from the House of Commons.

702.     Retirement from the House of Commons.

A member who has been elected to sit in the House of Commons cannot resign his seat1, and can only cease to represent his constituency in Parliament:


    (1)     by reason of his death2;


    (2)     by being expelled from the House of Commons by an order of the House3;


    (3)     by the dissolution of the Parliament to which he has been elected; or


    (4)     by becoming disqualified for membership of the House4.

Therefore, if a member wishes to retire from Parliament, or is anxious to vacate the seat for which he has