871. Consolidated Fund Bills.

A bill which has been introduced to authorise the issue of money out of the Consolidated Fund is known as a Consolidated Fund Bill1. One such bill must be passed before the close of the financial year to authorise the necessary issues of money for the opening period of the ensuing financial year, and to make good any supplementary sums for the expiring financial year. Consolidated Fund Bills are usually passed in December and March and may be passed at other times during the course of the year if required by the exigencies of the public service