331. Powers of authorities.

Where any person, in respect of any house or other property, can require that any town garden be maintained or not be built upon, and he requests in writing the authority for the protection of town gardens (the 'protection authority'1) to protect that right, the authority may accede to that request2. Thereupon the rights of that person vest in the protection authority, and it can, in its own name, exercise all his rights in relation to that town garden, and take legal proceedings in respect of those rights3.

Where any town garden has been neglected, the protection authority must take