341. Powers of authorities.

A local authority1 may purchase or take on lease, lay out, plant, improve2 and maintain lands for the purpose of being used as public walks or pleasure grounds, and may support or contribute3 to the support of public walks or pleasure grounds provided by any person4. A local authority may make byelaws for the regulation of any such public walk or pleasure ground and may by such byelaws provide for the removal of persons infringing the byelaws5. The authority may not use a public pleasure ground provided by it, or permit it to be used, for any purpose inconsistent