442. Contributions by local authorities.

442.     Contributions by local authorities.

A local authority1 may defray, or contribute towards, the expenditure incurred for the purposes of the National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949 by any other local authority2. Where the Secretary of State directs or the Welsh Ministers3 direct that the power of a local planning authority of doing work for the improvement of a waterway should be exercised by some other authority4, this power to make contributions applies to that other authority as if it were a local authority and, if the direction so provides,