993. Contributions, grants and loans to the National Trust.

Certain members of the National Trust subscribe to its funds1.

A local authority may, with the consent of the Secretary of State2 or, in relation to Wales, the Welsh Ministers3, contribute to the expenses of the acquisition by the trust of any land or building wholly or partly within, or in the neighbourhood of, its district or towards the expenses of maintaining and preserving any such land or building4.

In relation to buildings in Wales, the Welsh Ministers5 have power to make grants to the trust to defray any expenses incurred in the acquisition of buildings which appear to them to