250. Remedies available to an equitable mortgagee.

An equitable mortgagee is entitled to possession if there is a special agreement or the court so orders1. He may appoint a receiver if empowered to do so expressly or by statute; otherwise an application to the court is necessary2. If an express or statutory power exists he may sell the property