752. Mortgagee's expenses incurred in management of the property.

In the absence of special agreement a mortgagee is not entitled to any remuneration for his special trouble in relation to the mortgaged property and, therefore, when in possession may not charge for work done by himself in collection of rents and management1, but he may employ a house or land agent or a bailiff at commission or a salary where the work is so troublesome that in the ordinary course he would do this if the property were his own, and he is allowed the expense so incurred in his accounts2. It is not a matter of course