535. Allocation between High Court and County Court.

Generally, proceedings in which both the County Court and the High Court have jurisdiction may be commenced in either court1, and may be tried in the High Court or in the County Court2.

Where the claim includes a possession claim3 brought by a mortgagee4 the claimant may make the claim at any County Court hearing centre, unless:


    (1)     the claim is started in the High Court and the claimant files with his claim form a certificate stating the reasons for bringing the claim in that court verified by a statement of truth; or


    (2)     an enactment provides otherwise5.

In the County