61. Settlements under a court order.

61.     Settlements under a court order.

It is no objection to the exercise by the court of its jurisdiction that the settlement was made in pursuance of a court order1. Consent orders may be set aside, wholly or in part, or rectified on such grounds as would enable the court to set aside or rectify an agreement, for example, fraud or mutual mistake2.

The fact that a provision is proper, and one usually inserted in marriage settlements directed by the court, is not a ground for refusing to rectify the settlement by striking the provision