The relief to be granted in case of mistake may be:
(1) application of the rules of construction of documents1;
(2) refusal of specific performance or of damages for breach of contract2;
(5) recovery of money paid under mistake5;
(6) recovery of property transferred under mistake6; or
(7) reopening of settled accounts7.
In addition to these remedies, a mistaken party may be able to plead the mistake as a defence to a claim on a contract, by showing that, as a result, there was no contract
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234