63. Procedure for claims for rectification.

63.     Procedure for claims for rectification.

All causes and matters for rectification of deeds or other written instruments are assigned to the Chancery Division of the High Court1. However, a counterclaim for rectification may be entertained in the Queen's Bench Division2, and rectification has been granted in judicial review proceedings in the Administrative Court3. Certain proceedings for rectification may also be taken in the County Court subject to the limits on its equity jurisdiction4. Normally a claim for rectification must be specifically pleaded, but the court may grant the relief even though it is not asked for