778. How the representee's position may be altered.

There are various ways in which a representee1 may act on the faith of a representation so as to alter his position. He may enter into a contract either with the representor2 himself, or with a third person, or class of persons3, or the alteration of position may take the form of a unilateral transaction of a binding nature, in the sense that it is not revocable except with the consent of the other party to it, such as a gift, licence or consent, a forbearance or a renunciation4, or it may consist in an act, of whatever nature,