231. Compensation for inconvenience during works.

231.     Compensation for inconvenience during works.

The Secretary of State1 may, after consultation with the responsible person2, make regulations3 requiring the payment by the responsible person of compensation for any inconvenience or disturbance which may be caused, as a result of the responsible person executing the remedial works4, to persons residing in dwelling-houses affected by subsidence damage5. In particular, a person is entitled to claim compensation if:


    (1)     he is the owner6 of, or any other person liable to make good in whole or in part the damage to, a dwelling-house which has been affected by subsidence