The Public Guardian has the following functions1:
(1) establishing and maintaining a register of lasting powers of attorney2;
(2) establishing and maintaining a register of orders appointing deputies3;
(3) supervising deputies appointed by the Court of Protection4;
(4) directing a Court of Protection Visitor5 to visit a donee of a lasting power of attorney, a deputy appointed by the court or the person granting the power of attorney or for whom the deputy is appointed ('P'), and to make a report to the Public Guardian on such matters as he may direct6;
(5) receiving security which the court requires
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234