Nothing in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 permits a decision on any of the following matters to be made on behalf of a person:
(1) consenting to marriage or a civil partnership1;
(2) consenting to have sexual relations2;
(3) consenting to a decree of divorce being granted on the basis of two years' separation3;
(4) consenting to a dissolution order being made in relation to a civil partnership on the basis of two years' separation4;
(5) consenting to a child's being placed for adoption by an adoption agency
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234