The Lord Chancellor must prepare and issue one or more codes of practice1:
(1) for the guidance of persons assessing whether a person has capacity2 in relation to any matter3;
(2) for the guidance of persons acting in connection with the care or treatment of another person4;
(3) for the guidance of donees of lasting powers of attorney5;
(4) for the guidance of deputies6 appointed by the Court of Protection7;
(5) for the guidance of persons carrying out research in reliance on any provision made by or under the Mental Capacity Act 20058;
(6) for the guidance of independent
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234