In proceedings before the conduct and competence committee1, the following may, if the quality of their evidence is likely to be adversely affected as a result, be treated as a vulnerable witness:
(1) any witness under the age of 17 at the time of the hearing2;
(2) any witness with a mental disorder3;
(3) any witness who is significantly impaired in relation to intelligence and social functioning4;
(4) any witness with physical disabilities who requires assistance to give evidence5;
(5) any witness, where the allegation against the health professional is of a sexual nature and the witness was the
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234