In England, the following activities are lawful if done with appropriate consent for the purpose of transplantation1:
(1) the storage of the body of a deceased person2;
(2) the use of the body of a deceased person3;
(3) the removal from the body of a deceased person for use of any relevant material4 of which the body consists or which it contains5;
(4) the storage for use of any relevant material which has come from a human body6;
(5) the use any relevant material which has come from a human body7.
Where part of a body8 lying in a hospital,
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234