379. Boards of examiners in dental surgery or dentistry.

For the purpose of any examinations to qualify for a degree or licence in dentistry held by any university in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland1, by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh2 or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow3, the council or other governing body of the university or college may appoint a board of examiners4.

Each such board is called the Board of Examiners in Dental Surgery or Dentistry, and must consist of not less than six members of whom at least half must be registered dentists