1203. Variation or setting aside of certain agreements.



    (1)     a person, being entitled as tenant1 of a house2 to acquire the freehold or an extended lease3, enters into an agreement4 without the prior approval of the court for the surrender of his tenancy5, or for the acquisition by him of an interest superior to his tenancy or of any extended lease; or


    (2)     a tenancy having been extended6, the tenant, on the landlord7 claiming possession for purposes of redevelopment, enters into an agreement8