513. Tenant's right to relief.

Where a lessor1 is proceeding to enforce the right of re-entry or forfeiture2, the lessee3 may, in the lessor's claim4, if any, or in any claim brought by himself, apply to the court for relief5.

The right to apply for relief is available in the High Court or the County Court6. The application may be made before or after the landlord has actually re-entered7. A court cannot, however, grant relief if the landlord has obtained a judgment for possession against the tenant and has entered into possession pursuant to that judgment8. The tenant may apply in the landlord's claim or