681. Tenant's consent to works.

Where a dwelling house is subject to a statutory tenancy1 and the landlord2 wishes to carry out works which cannot be carried out without the tenant's3 consent the following provisions apply4. If the tenant is unwilling to give his consent, then, if either of the specified conditions5 is satisfied, the County Court, on the landlord's application6, may make an order empowering him to enter and carry out the works7. The specified conditions are:


    (1)     that the works were specified in an application for a grant under the relevant provisions of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 19968 and