44. Statutory powers to provide financial assistance.

The appropriate national authority in England and Wales1 may give financial assistance to any person in relation to the provision by that person of information, training or general advice about, or about a dispute resolution service in connection with2:


    (1)     any aspect of the law of landlord and tenant, so far as relating to residential tenancies3;


    (2)     any other matter relating to residential tenancies4; or


    (3)     any matter relating to estate management schemes provided for under Chapter IV of Part I of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 19935 in the event of tenants acquiring the landlord's