731. Right to recover overpayments.

Where a tenant1 has paid on account of rent any amount which is irrecoverable by the landlord2, the tenant who paid it3 is entitled to recover that amount from the landlord who received it4 or his personal representatives5. Any such amount may, without prejudice to any other method of recovery, be deducted by the tenant from any rent payable by him to the landlord