1074. Right to have repairs carried out.

The appropriate national authority1 may make regulations2 for entitling secure tenants3 whose landlords are local housing authorities4, subject to and in accordance with the regulations, to have qualifying repairs5 carried out, at their landlords' expense, to the dwelling houses of which they are such tenants6.

The regulations may make all or any of the following provisions, namely:


    (1)     provision that, where a secure tenant makes an application to his landlord for a qualifying repair to be carried out, the landlord must issue a repair notice:


      (a)     specifying the nature of the repair, the listed contractor7 by whom the repair is