1255. Reservation of future right to develop.

Where a tenant1 of a house2 and premises3 acquires an extended lease4, and the landlord5 is:


    (1)     a local authority6; or


    (2)     the new towns residuary body7 or a development corporation8;or


    (3)     any university body9; or


    (4)     a housing action trust10,

such covenants on the part of the tenant restricting the carrying out of development or clearing of land as are necessary to reserve the land for possible development by the relevant landlord11 must, if so required by the landlord, be included in the instrument extending the lease12 and, if so included, then in the terms of any subsequent tenancy