1224. Purchaser unable or unwilling to purchase at the determined price.

On ascertaining1 the amount payable, or likely to be payable, as the price for a house2 and premises3, but not more than one month after the amount payable has been determined by agreement or otherwise, the tenant4 may give written notice to the landlord5 that he is unable or unwilling to acquire the house and premises at the price he must pay6.

Thereupon the notice of his desire to have the freehold7 ceases to have effect, and he is liable to make such compensation as may be just to the landlord in respect of the interference, if any, by the