1160. Proceedings for possession of dwelling house let under introductory tenancy.

The landlord1 may only bring an introductory tenancy2 to an end by obtaining3:


    (1)     an order of the court4 for the possession of the dwelling house5; and


    (2)     the execution of the order6;

and, in such a case, the tenancy ends when the order is executed7. The court must make an order of the kind mentioned in head (1) above unless the provisions set out below apply8. On the face of it, therefore, the court has no discretion as to whether or not it should make the order for possession9; but the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom has given