1271. Payment and application of compensation under order for possession.

The landlord1 is not to be concerned with the application of the amount payable to the tenant2 by way of compensation under an order for possession3; but, subject to any statutory requirements as to the payment of capital money arising under a settlement or trust of land and to any order for payment into court4, the written receipt of the tenant is a complete discharge for the amount payable5.

The landlord is entitled to deduct from the amount so payable to the tenant:


    (1)     the amount of any sum payable by way of rent or recoverable as rent in respect