27. Local authorities and other public authorities; housing associations.

Local authorities1, and parish trustees acting with the consent of the parish meeting2, are in general authorised, with the consent of the appropriate national authority, to let any land3 which they may hold for any term; without such consent they may dispose of land only by the grant of a term not exceeding seven years or by the assignment of a term which at the date of the assignment has seven years or less to run, and, in the case of parish or community councils or parish trustees, for the best consideration that can reasonably be obtained4.

Green Belt land