652. Insurance of house otherwise than with landlord's insurer.

Where a long lease1 of a house2 requires the tenant3 to insure the house with an insurer nominated or approved by the landlord4 ('the landlord's insurer')5, the tenant is not required to effect the insurance with the landlord's insurer if:


    (1)     the house is insured under a policy of insurance issued by an authorised insurer6;


    (2)     the policy covers the interests of both the landlord and the tenant7;


    (3)     the policy covers all the risks which the lease requires be covered by insurance provided by the landlord's insurer8;


    (4)     the amount of the cover is not less than that