1225. Compensation payable on enfranchisement of house in certain special cases.

If, in a case where the right to acquire the freehold of a house1 and premises2 arises by virtue of any one or more of the following:


    (1)     the house having a value or rent which exceeds the applicable limit (in cases where that still applies)3; or


    (2)     the tenancy being terminable after a death, a marriage or the formation of a civil partnership4,

or where the tenancy5 of the house and premises has been extended6 and the notice of the desire to have the freehold7 was given, whether by the tenant or a subtenant, after the original term date