60. Civil practice and procedure relating to the landlord and tenant jurisdiction.

Except where the County Court does not have jurisdiction1, landlord and tenant claims should normally be brought in the County Court2. The claimant may make such a claim at any County Court hearing centre3 unless the condition for bringing it in the High Court applies4, or unless an enactment or practice direction provides otherwise5.If a claimant starts a claim in the High Court, and the court decides that it should have been started in the County Court, the court will normally either strike the claim out or transfer it to the County Court on its own initiative6.

Although only exceptional