775. Case 1: non-payment of rent or breach of obligation.

The court may make an order for possession1 without proof of alternative accommodation, if it considers it reasonable2 to do so, where any rent lawfully due from the tenant3 has not been paid (or that the tenant has broken another obligation of the tenancy)4. The material date is the date when proceedings are commenced, and a tender of the arrears before that date will defeat the claim5. A tender of the arrears or payment into court after the proceedings have been commenced does not prevent the court from making an order, as, for example, where there has been a