1266. Application for possession for the purpose of residence.

Where the tenancy1 of a house2 and premises3 has not been extended4 but the tenant5 has a right to acquire the freehold or an extended lease and has given notice of his desire to have it, the landlord6 may, at any time before effect is given to the notice, apply to the court7 for an order that he may resume possession of the property on the ground that it or part of it is or will be reasonably required by him for occupation