1263. Application for possession for redevelopment after extension of the tenancy.

Where a tenancy1 of a house2 and premises3 has been extended4, the landlord5 may, at any time not earlier than 12 months before the original term date6 of the tenancy, apply to the court7 for an order that he may resume possession of the property on the ground that for purposes of redevelopment he proposes to demolish or reconstruct the whole or a substantial part of the house and premises8.

If, on such an application, the court is satisfied that the landlord has established that ground, the court must9 by order declare that the landlord is entitled, as against the