The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea specifically provides that the coastal state may adopt laws and regulations1 relating to innocent passage2 in respect of all or any of the following:
(1) safety of navigation and the regulation of maritime traffic3;
(2) protection of navigational aids and facilities and other facilities or installations4;
(3) protection of cables and pipelines5;
(4) conservation of the living resources of the sea6;
(5) prevention of infringement of its fisheries laws and regulations7;
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234