260. Acquisition and loss by land of diplomatic or consular status.

Where a state desires that land1 should be diplomatic or consular premises2, it must apply to the Secretary of State3 for his consent to the land being such premises4. Unless he has given such consent5, land is in no case to be regarded as a state's diplomatic or consular premises for the purposes of any enactment or rule of law6. If a state ceases to use land for the purposes of its mission or exclusively for the purposes of a consular post, or if the Secretary of State withdraws his consent7, the land ceases to be diplomatic or consular