A person's grant of asylum1 will be revoked or not renewed2 if the Secretary of State is satisfied that:
(1) he has voluntarily re-availed himself of the protection of the country of nationality3;
(2) having lost his nationality, he has voluntarily re-acquired it4;
(3) he has acquired a new nationality, and enjoys the protection of the country of his new nationality5;
(4) he has voluntarily re-established himself in the country which he left or outside which he remained owing to a fear of persecution6;
(5) he can no longer, because the circumstances in connection with which he has been
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234