83. Representatives of overseas businesses: indefinite leave to remain.

Indefinite leave to remain may be granted, on application, to a representative of an overseas business provided the Secretary of State1 is satisfied that the following requirements are met2; otherwise it will be refused3. The requirements are that the applicant:


    (1)     has spent a continuous period of five years lawfully in the United Kingdom in this capacity4;


    (2)     has met the requirements for extension of stay as a representative of an overseas business5 throughout the five-year period6;


    (3)     is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer7;


    (4)     has sufficient knowledge of the English language